Convened and Proceedings Edited:
- Pilger, R. H, Jr. (editor), 1980, Proceedings of a symposium on the Origin of the Gulf of Mexico and early opening of
the central North Atlantic Ocean, March 3-5, 1980, Louisiana State University'.
Refereed Publications of Rex H Pilger Jr
- RHP, 2012, Fractal plate reconstructions with spreading asymmetry, Marine Geophysical Research, DOI: 10.1007/s11001-012-9152-6,,
- RHP, 2008, Discussion of “Break-up spots: Could the Pacific open as a consequence of plate kinematics”, by Clouard and Gerbault,
Earth & Planetary Science Letters, 275, 193–195, DOI:10.1016/j.epsl.2008.08.005.
- RHP, 2007, RHP, The Bend: Origin and significance, Geological Society of America Bulletin, 13, 302-313.
- RHP, 2007, Discussion of “The ‘Plate’ model for the genesis of melting anomalies” by Gillian R. Foulger,
in Plates, Plumes, and Planetary Processes,editors: Foulger, G. R., and Jurdy, D. M., Geological Society of America Memoir,
430, p. 28. .
- RHP,2007, Discussion of "A plate model for Jurassic to Recent intraplate volcanism in the Pacific Ocean Basin", by Alan
Smith, in Plates, Plumes, and Planetary Processes, editors: Foulger, G. R., and Jurdy, D. M., Geological Society
of America Memoir, 430, p. 495,
- RHP, 2004, Reply to Comment of Liu et al., Mesoplates: Resolving a decades-old controversy, EOS, Transactions, AGU, 85, 260-261.
- RHP, 2003, Mesoplates: resolving a decades-old controversy, EOS, Transactions, AGU, 84, 51, 573-576.
- RHP, 2003, Plumes and hotspots, Letter, Geology News, Geological Society of London,
- RHP, 2003, Time to test plume alternatives, Letter, Geology News, Geological Society of London,
- Angelich, M. T., and RHP,
1993, Aeromagnetic map of Louisiana, Louisiana Geological Survey.
- Angelich, M. T., RHP, and Keller, G. R., 1992, Gravity map of Louisiana, Louisiana Geological
- Alam, A. H. M. S., and RHP,
1991, An integrated geological and geophysical study of the structure and stratigraphy of the Cenozoic extensional Hamlin
Valley, Nevada-Utah, Proceedings, Geology and Ore Deposits of the Great Basin, Geological Society of Nevada and U. S. Geological
Survey, Sparks, Nevada, April 1-5, 1990, p. 100-110.
- Driskill, B. W., Nunn, J. A., Sassen, R., and RHP, 1988, Tectonic subsidence,
crustal thinning and petroleum generation in the Jurassic trend of Mississippi, Alabama and Florida, Gulf Coast Association
Geological Societies Transactions, 38, 257-265.
- Alam, A. H. M. S., and RHP, 1988, Evolution of salt structures and Cretaceous
uplift in westernmost central Mississippi Salt Basin, Madison Parish, Louisiana, Gulf Coast Association Geological Societies
Transactions, 38, 225-230.
- Nunn, J. A., Czerniak,
M., and RHP, 1987, Structure of the Brooks Range/Colville Basin, Northern Alaska: Constraints from flexure
and gravity analysis, Tectonics, v. 6, p. 603-617.
- Alam, A. H. M. S. and RHP, 1986, Residual temperature analysis from seismic and well
data: implications for subsurface fluid migration, Gulf Coast Association Geological Societies Transactions, 36, 1-7.
- RHP, 1985, Geothermal maps of
North Louisiana, Louisiana Department of Natural Resources.
- Lobao, J. J., and RHP, 1985, Early evolution of salt structures in the North Louisiana Salt
Basin, Gulf Coast Association Geological Societies Transactions, 35, 189-198.
- RHP, and Angelich, M. T., 1984, Gravity map of the western Gulf
of Mexico, Ocean Margin Drilling Synthesis, JOI, Inc., Atlas 6, Sheet 2.
- RHP, Rubin, D. S., and Kauth, L. R., 1984, Magnetic
map of the western Gulf of Mexico, Ocean Margin Drilling Synthesis, JOI, Inc., Atlas 6, Sheet 3.
- Nunn, J. A., Scardina, A. D., and RHP,
1984, Thermal evolution of the North-Central Gulf Coast, Tectonics, 3, 723-740.
- RHP, 1984, Cenozoic plate kinematics, subduction
and magmatism, South American Andes, Journal Geological Society of London, 141, 793-802..
- RHP, 1983, Kinematics of the South American subduction zone from global
plate reconstructions, American Geophysical Union Geodynamics Series, 9, 113-126.
- RHP, 1982, The origin of hotspot traces: evidence from eastern Australia:
Journal Geophysical Research, 87, 1825-1834.
L.C., Bernero, C., Johnson, G. L., RHP, Taylor, P. T., and Vogt, P. R., 1983, Residual magnetic anomaly chart
of the Arctic Ocean Region, Geological Society of America Map and Chart Series.
- Cross, T. A. and RHP, 1982, Controls of subduction geometry, location of magmatic arcs, and tectonics of arc and back-arc regions: Geological Society
America Bulletin, 93, 545-562,
- Handschumacher, D. W.,
RHP, Foreman, J., and Campbell, J. F., 1981, The Easter plate, Geological Society of America Memoir (The
Nazca Plate Volume), p. 63-76.
F. C., and RHP, 1981, Structural-stratigraphic setting of LaFourche Crossing Prospect, Louisiana, Fifth Conference,
Geopressured-Geothermal Energy, Bebout, D. G., and Bachman, A. I., editors, 233-236,
- Cavanagh, T, and RHP, 1981, Structural-stratigraphic
setting of South Freshwater Bayou Prospect, Louisiana, Fifth Conference, Geopressured-Geothermal Energy, Bebout, D. G., and
Bachman, A. I., editors, 241-246.
1981, Plate reconstructions, aseismic ridges, and low-angle subduction beneath the Andes, Geological Society of America Bulletin,
- RHP, and
Handschumacher, D. W., 1981, The fixed-hotspot hypothesis and origin of the Easter-Sala y Gomez trace, Geological Society of America Bulletin, 92, 437-446.
- RHP, 1981, The opening of the Gulf of Mexico: Implication
for the tectonic evolution of the northern Gulf Coast, Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Transactions, 31, 377-381.
- RHP, and Henyey, T. L., 1979, Neogene volcanism in coastal
California and the Continental Borderland, Pacific-North American plate interaction, and the San Andreas Fault system, Tectonophysics,
1978, A method for finite plate reconstructions with applications to Pacific-Nazca plate evolution, Geophysical Research Letters,
T. A., and RHP, 1978, Constraints on absolute motion and plate interactions inferred from Cenozoic igneous
activity in the western United States, American Journal of Science, 278, 865-902.
- RHP, 1978, A closed Gulf of Mexico, pre-Atlantic Ocean plate reconstruction and the early rift history of the Gulf and North Atlantic,
Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Transactions, 28, 385-393.
- Cross, T. A., and RHP,
1978, Tectonic controls of Late Cretaceous sedimentation, western interior, U.S.A., Nature, 274, 653-657.
- RHP, Distinguishing arc and non-arc magmatism via hotspotting? GSA Cordilleran/Rocky Mountain Section Annual Meeting,
Logan, Utah, 2011.
- Poland, F., Oelfke, S., RHP, Unconventional hydrocarbon reservoirs in the North American Cordillera, GSA Cordilleran/Rocky Mountain Section Annual Meeting, Logan, Utah, 2011.
- RHP, Intraplate tectonic stresses: implications for seismic anisotropy surveys and horizontal drilling for fracture reservoirs,
SEG Annual Meeting, Denver, 2010.
- RHP, Intracontinental tectonics, stresses, and fracture reservoirs, AAPG Annual Meeting, New Orleans, 2010.
- RHP, Plate kinematic reconstruction and restoration via fractal error minimization, GSA Annual Meeting, Denver, 2010.